Monday, February 29, 2016

Heidi | Gypsy Coffee Co. | interview

Heidi and I met through our music teacher a couple years ago and have kept in touch via emails, letters, + social media. She is beautiful on the inside + out. Her desire to raise awareness to end human trafficking is very inspiring. 
I'm super excited to share this interview with you all and hope you are encouraged as I was.
Please introduce yourself + family and share some your current interests + favorites. I’m Heidi. 18. Lover of sunshine, summertime, saltwater, and adventures. I’m the oldest of 6 kids. Our house can be similar to a zoo somedays ;) but we have a ton of fun together! I’m currently finishing up my senior year and I’m super excited for graduation in May! Being outdoors, trying new restaurants/eating :) , finding new places, being with my favorite people, as well as meeting new people, and playing violin are a few of my favorites. I’m also passionate about raising awareness to end human trafficking.

Tell us about Gypsy Coffee. When and how did it start? Gypsy Coffee came about because of my passion to abolish human trafficking. It started the Summer of 2015 when my friend and I decided we wanted to do something to raise awareness and funds to give to organizations that are fighting human trafficking. I’ve always been an entrepreneur at heart so starting a business by selling fair-trade coffee as a way to raise awareness about human trafficking and help abolish it has been a dream of mine for a long time.
What is the purpose of Gypsy Coffee? I want Gypsy Coffee to be a franchise coffee shop that sells fair trade drinks, where creativity is encouraged, where Christ is honored, and where money is made to help end human trafficking. Kind of like Starbucks for a cause.

What made you interested in human trafficking? I was 14 when I first became aware of human trafficking. I came across the A21 Campaign, a organization started by Christine Caine, that is working to abolish human trafficking in the 21st century. It really left an impact on me. I did not realize how much slavery was still happening all around the world, even in our own backyards!
Being the oldest child in your family, what are some ways to encourage and make memories with your siblings? It can be easy to get busy and just be in my own schedule, but they are my biggest encouragers and I love making memories with them. Everyday we make more memories. They all are super creative, so we never lack for good times

What is the story behind the name Gypsy Coffee? I love traveling and going to new places, so thats where the “gypsy” came from. Hebrews 13:14 “for here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come.” And a good, strong cup of coffee is just the best. :)
What is a fun memory from last year that you would like to share? I got to attend Girl’s Passion which was really amazing and life changing. I met a lot of awesome people, who have become great friends. I would defiantly encourage girls to attend. Its a great way to get you out of your comfort zone!! :)

What are some goals + dreams that you have for Gypsy Coffee? I’d love to have a little coffee shop or some sort of stand. But there are a lot of things that go into having an actual shop. But nothing is too big for God. :) 
What is something that the Lord has been teaching you recently? Is there a verse(s) you’d like to share from God’s Word that has especially blessed you in the recent days? God has defiantly been teaching me to trust. Its really easy to worry about everything! But when I start to worry I just have to stop and trust. And its really hard somedays. Its easy to say, “God’s got this.” But to actually stop worrying about it can be hard. At least for me. :)  The song “Good, Good Father” has been a great reminder to me that God knows whats best all the time.

What are five things that you are thankful for today? 
My rainy day playlist 
bible journaling 
new ukulele songs 
moccasins 
my new sweater from my bestie
. . .
If you would like to find out more about Heidi or Gypsy Coffee, check out the links below:
WEBSITE: www.gypsycoffeeco.com
INSTAGRAM: @gypsycoffeeco and @heidi.j.e
FACEBOOK: @Gypsycoffeeco
TWITTER: @gypsycoffeeco
. . .
Thanks so much for sharing Heidi! ♡

11 comments:

  1. I loved reading this interview! It was awesome to "meet" Heidi and learn more about Gypsy Coffee Co. I love everything about it... the purpose, the name, the packaging! Thank you for sharing!
    Rebekah
    www.moreradiance.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to order coffee. Where is Gypsy coffee located? I'm wondering if local pickup is an option instead of shipping costs. Thanks!
    Aunt Lynette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynette! I'm glad you want to order coffee!! Heidi is from Lancaster county. I can Email you her address.
      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. This is great! Loved the interview, what would you rate the coffee? Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it!

      I actually haven't tried her coffee yet. I hope to one day. :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this interview, Tashia & Heidi! I really enjoyed it. So glad to hear about Gypsy Coffee Co. and that you're raising awareness to end human trafficking. That topic weighs heavy on my heart. Beautiful pictures, too, and the coffee sounds delish! Many blessings to you & your ministry!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I allow anonymous comments for those who do not have an account, but please leave your name at the end of your comment. Thanks! ♡ Tashia