Saturday, September 2, 2017

choosing to choose joy

When I pulled this book off the self to read it again, I randomly chose this bookmark for it. Later I thought about how much this bookmark goes right with the book. It reminded me of how much Katie taught me about joy. REAL joy. 
Before reading this book several years ago I hadn't really thought much of joy at all. But oh how this book & the stories + challenges within changed my life!
After reading Kisses From Katie is when I began my "joy journey with Jesus." I started finding & loving verses on joy. I started choosing joy each day, even when it was hard & I didn't feel like it.

Joy was my new word. A word that God used to change my life.

I actually don't think this bookmark was randomly chosen. I believe God chose this bookmark to remind me of the past things He taught me, how He cultivated a selfish girl's heart into one that began choosing to be selfless & choose joy always.

It's not always easy to choose joy, nor do I always want to! But the more I see God's hand in the good times & the hard times, the more I want of His joy. His joy & the strength from it gets me through.
I'll end with my favorite verse on joy, one that can get you through any hard day:
The joy of the Lord is my strength. }} Nehemiah 8:10

3 comments:

I love getting comments! I allow anonymous comments for those who do not have an account, but please leave your name at the end of your comment. Thanks! ♡ Tashia