Saturday, April 18, 2015

a prayer to pray

 EPHESIANS 6:7
With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not unto men.

I was flipping through “A Young Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus” when I came across something I had underlined:

>> Oh Lord, give me a heart of joy so I can follow in Your steps and gladly serve others. I need your help! When my heart grows cold or gets tired of serving, remind me of Yourself and how Your holy hands washed dirty feet. I want to become like You—I want to serve the needs of others. Please help me! Amen, and thank you. <<
Prayer taken from ‘A Young Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus’ by Elizabeth George

Is this your heart’s desire? It’s mine! I don’t always have a joyful spirit, though. Sometimes I get tired of serving, too. But, should we tier from doing things for God? Certainly not! I have to keep asking Jesus to give me joy and to help me be a willing servant.
I think it’s something we have to keep working on. As we grow in our relationship with Jesus Christ, we will slowly be more willing to serve others and overflow with a joyful spirit.

Serving. It’s a simple and noble assignment. And it is perhaps the most obvious sign of Jesus in you. When you serve others, your service will become an awesome reflection of the heart of your Savior, the greatest servant who ever lived.
Taken from ‘A Young Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus’ by Elizabeth George


COLOSSIANS 3:23-24

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

2 comments:

  1. this is something I really need to learn.. :(

    Thank you for so much encouragement<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of my favorite books!! I learned so much from reading it... I should page through it again for some reminders! Thank you for sharing those excerpts and adding your thoughts... they were great!
    Rebekah
    P.S. Your new header looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I allow anonymous comments for those who do not have an account, but please leave your name at the end of your comment. Thanks! ♡ Tashia