Thursday, December 31, 2015

autumn goals {completed}


I realize it's almost the end of December and I am just getting around to blogging this! So sorry! The last couple months have been really busy for me. 

Anyway, I didn't manage to complete everything on my list, but that's OK! I had fun doing it and may do it again next year.

BLOG:
blog more -- yes! well, at least I think I blogged more in the past couple months than I usually do! ;)
update blogs i follow + recommendation pictures -- i got that done and  am still working on recommendation pictures.
add a contact page to blog -- sure did. check it out here

PHOTOGRAPHY:
practice manual and av settings on camera -- i've been taking a LOT more pictures lately, which is a good thing! i need to keep practicing with it.
take more pictures for blog -- yes! since i was practicing with the manual and av settings, i've been taking more pictures for my blog! i'm sure you've seen them on my last couple posts. ;)
take fall nature photos -- here are three favorites: 
do a 30-day photo challenge in October -- i loved doing a photo challenge with Rebekah back in October! You can see my posts here.

AT HOME:
learn/memorize 4 songs on the piano -- i didn't actually memorize a whole song on the piano, but i am almost half way with memorizing A River Flows in You. i also have been playing more out of the Wissmann's songbooks

keep room clean + organized -- i think this happened. lol i know my room didn't stay spotless, but i did try keep keep it nice + tidy and am still trying to keep it that way. :)
journal 3-5 times a week -- i love journaling!! i usually tried to do it right before bed. sometimes it was in my thankful journal and other times in my prayer journal.
make raspberry lemonade once a week -- this happened most every week, i think.
keep up with emailing + writing friends each week -- i tried to keep up with emailing each week, but a lot of the time it got pushed towards the end of my to-do list. seems like i'm always behind in emailing somebody! any tips on that?
drink more water -- i think i drank more water, i can't really remember! lol i am drinking more now. ;) 
go a week without coffee -- this was one of the first things i didn't on my list. ;) i drink waaay too much coffee (said nobody ever), so going a week without was good for me.

HOMEMAKING:
make liquid coffee creamer -- i made french vanilla creamer and we all liked it! here's where i got the recipe.
try 3 new recipes -- i only tried two new recipes: cinnamon roll bites and reeces peanut butter blondies (can't find where i copied the recipe). i blogged the cinnamon roll bites here
try 2 new coffee recipes -- mmmm this might be one of my favorite goals i tried! lol here's the recipes i tried: mocha java milkshake, and you may remember i blogged the mocha frappuccino
start recipe binder -- i found this photo album at Ollies and filled it with some recipe cards that i had. it still needs lots more recipes in it, but i don't think it will take long to fill! ;)
SPIRITUAL:
read the book of Colossians -- a lot got underlined while reading through Colossians. i really enjoyed reading it.
pray for my friends graduationg in 2016 -- yes. know that y'all are still in my prayers. keep up the hard work. it will all be worth it! ♡

BLESSING OTHERS:
make cookies and give them to a neighbor -- i didn't give them to a neighbor, but i did make some cookie bars for a friend of our family. :)
do a chore(s) for siblings -- did this! it was fun (sneaking around at times!) doing chores for my sisters or mom.
make supper for mom -- i think i did this at least once. other times i would help her get things together or peel potatoes. 
write quotes + verses and give them to friends -- i wrote out some quotes and put them in this little bag a friend gave me. i'm still not sure who i'll give them to. :)
email verses and encouragement to friends -- i love doing this! it's not always easy to find the right words to say, but sometimes just sending scripture or an encouraging quote is fine.

FUN:
do 4 new crafts -- i think i only did three crafts that i hadn't tried before: envelope liners
modpodge jar
get pictures printed -- YES! it's been such a long time since we last printed pictures! we were all excited to get little blue envelopes from Snapfish in the mail. i got some adorable square prints. ;)
write more quotes -- sometimes i go in spurts where i don't write much and then i sit and write a bunch! i love trying new fonts and styles!



I hope you all were a little inspired to write your own goals and do them! I'm glad I did this and will probably do it next year! 



{did you write some fall goals? winter goals? i'd love to hear what they are!}



"Now the God of hope fill you with *joy* and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Romans 15:13 


8 comments:

  1. I'm reading Colossians at the moment! It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on it sometime. And your handwriting is so nice!

    I didn't have many goals in these past few months, except finishing school (which I did!), and preparing for an exam which is happening next week. I've got lots of plans for this new year though. What are your plans for 2016?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colossians is a wonderful book! So many good things in it.
      My main goal for this year is to learn more about God's light and sharing it with others.
      I may do another post on goals for this year. Stay turned. :)

      Delete
  2. I really want to do this for the new year, such an awesome idea!
    In Christ,
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I didn't realize I was so far behind in reading your posts! You did an awesome job completing these goals. I'm so excited about it being the New Year and I plan to share some of my goals on the blog soon! Hope you have an amazing January!
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Rebekah! You are so sweet.

      Delete
  4. Really enjoyed this post, Tashia! Very inspiring. I just ADORE hearing "River Flows in You" and I'm only about a page in, so I have a ways to go before it's memorized...would love to hear an audio or video of you playing it! :) That quote bag is darling & the "be still" lettering is just beautiful. <3 And yay for getting pictures printed...{especially} square ones. :) I'd love to see more of your goal posts, if you decide to do them regularly! Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! :)
      I know what you mean!! I fell in love with "River Flows in You" the first time i heard it and it's been my favorite ever since!
      I have more blog ideas for goals & tips. Stay turned. :)

      Delete

I love getting comments! I allow anonymous comments for those who do not have an account, but please leave your name at the end of your comment. Thanks! ♡ Tashia