Thursday, October 6, 2016

choose your battles

This morning I read from His Princess devotional by Sheri Rose Shepherd. The section was on choosing our battles and it made me think of the movie War Room and how we need to fight our battles in prayer. 

Here are two quotes from the book:

The enemy of your soul will entice you to fight the wrong battles in order to distract you from your main mission. We need to use prayer to discern between the two. 

We aren't fighting flesh and blood, but against evil forces of the spiritual realm.

These quotes made me think of how Miss Clara told Elizabeth that she was fighting the wrong battle. Elizabeth was fighting against her husband when the real enemy was Satan. When Elizabeth realized this, she asked God for forgiveness and help to fight the right battle. She kicked the real enemy out of their home and began fighting in prayer. That's when God was able to work in her life and the lives of those she prayed for. 

We can do this too. We can fight our battles in prayer. We need only get on our knees and lift our needs and burdens to the Lord.
Be grateful for your blessings, but lift your needs and requests to Him. -Miss Clara

As I continue on my journey with Jesus, I learn more and more about how important prayer is. I'm so thankful to have Someone to run to with my fears, worries, struggles, and needs. 

Let's not forget that Jesus is never far away. Count your blessings. Pray, and lift your needs to Him. Be patient and listen for His voice.
Remember: the spiritual battle is fought --and won-- on your knees. // 

For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory. Deuteronomy 20:4 NIV

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! And I like your new design. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Tashia!

    I'm really loving your new design too.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I allow anonymous comments for those who do not have an account, but please leave your name at the end of your comment. Thanks! ♡ Tashia