Monday, January 8, 2018

2018 book list

I used to not like reading very much, especially when I was in school. But now I love reading, if only I had more time to do it!! haha 
I love books that are challenging + encourage me in my walk with God.

Here are 5 books I hope to read this year. I'll most likely add more as I hear of new books. 

Let me know if you've heard of these books, or have read them. I'd love to hear about them!


Daring to Hope {Katie Davis Majors}
From the author of Kisses from Katie, comes an invitation to faith even when things turn out differently than you expected. As a teenager Katie moved to Uganda, founded a successful humanitarian organization, became a mother through adoption and served where God called her. However, after an unexpected tragedy rocked her family, she felt the first stirrings of doubt in God's goodness. Yet in her doubts, Katie continued to turn to God. Here, she shares what she learned during that time and offers encouragement to readers to seek God even in those unexpected painful places. It's there that you can hear God's whisper of love, His filling of peace, and surprising gifts of joy.

Girl Defined {Kristen Clark & Bethany Baird}
In Girl Defined, sisters and popular bloggers Kristen Clark and Bethany Baird offer women a countercultural view of beauty, femininity, and self-worth. Based firmly in God's design for their lives, this book helps women rethink what true success and beauty look like. It invites them on a liberating journey toward a radically better vision for femininity that ends with the discovery of the kind of hope, purpose, and fulfillment they've been yearning for.

Brave Enough {Nicole Unice}
Nicole Unice's book, Brave Enough, is for real women who feel trapped by worry, are exhausted, or afraid of taking the next step into their futures. Nicole teaches women what Jesus meant when He called us to have courage - and how to practice it in our everyday lives. Start living brave today and learn to live life fully and confidently, with your shoulders relaxed and free from the weight of responsibility and the burden of trying too hard.

Uninvited {Lysa TerKuerst}
IUninvited, Lysa shares honestly from her own struggles with rejection and gives readers concrete truths to combat the lies our old Enemy hurls our way. You can stop feeling left out, because even when you are overlooked by others, you are handpicked by God. You can change your tendencies to either fall apart or control the actions of others by adopting healthy ways to process your hurt. You are designed for a love without limits, a love that will never let go.

Will Our Generation Speak? {Grace Mally}
Witnessing can be a frightening experience. The fear of what to say and the reactions of people you're talking to can be so intimidating that people simply stay quiet about their faith. Let Will Our Generation Speak? provide you with practical ideas and encouragement to speak the Gospel with boldness. Learn how being young can be an advantage in witnessing, how to overcome fear, questions to keep as a "stash" for when you're not sure where what to say next, how to respond to evolutionary worldviews, and more. Filled with examples from the author's witnessing experiences, you'll be encouraged and inspired to proclaim the gospel. 283 pages, softcover. 
What's on your reading list for 2018? 
LET YOUR SPEECH ALWAYS BE GRACIOUS. | COLOSSIANS 4:6

6 comments:

  1. I have read both Daring to Hope and Girl Defined, and although Daring to Hope is not near as good as Kisses from Katie, they were both good. I got Girl Defined as a Christmas gift, and I read it in just a few days. There are some great truths in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the book 'Will our Generation Speak' and it's really good! Have fun reading! :)
    Lily @ lilymaesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think so too! i need to finish reading it. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh I am so happy you like to read! ♥ It's my favorite pastime - or maybe I should call it a hobby! Daring to Hope is really good - I loved it! I keep hearing good things about Uninvited so I will probably give that one a try this year. I haven't been able to read Girl Defined yet either - but I've heard good things about it! Will Our Generation Speak is also really good - although unfortunately I haven't been able to finish it yet. I hope you enjoy all these books - please share with us what you think of them!
    Rebekah Joy
    www.moreradiance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! there are so many good books out there -- i just need to make the time to read them! :P

      Delete

I love getting comments! I allow anonymous comments for those who do not have an account, but please leave your name at the end of your comment. Thanks! ♡ Tashia