Thursday, January 4, 2018

true contentment: my word for 2018

Here we are, two-thousand and eighteen already! I will join many others as I say two-thousand seventeen went by so fast!!

It was such a fun + exciting year! I saw my bestie from Virginia 3+ times (that never happens!), I started a relationship with a very special man in March, then married him in October, God taught me what it meant to be real (my word for 2017), I was a bridesmaid in my bestie's wedding, i learned so many new + wonderful things from my Heavenly Father, I shot my first engagement session in December, and so many more wonderful things!

Along with the many blessings this past year, there were also some difficult times. My best friend's mother went to be with Jesus, then a few weeks later my great-grandfather joined her in Heaven. I was challenged + stretched in many ways to put away fear and instead put on faith & trust in God.

Like I said last year, God was with me every step I took, He is faithful & He is good no matter what. 

I'm so thankful for a new year created by Him & can't wait to see what the future holds!

Like I've done for the past 3 years now, I took time towards the end of the year to pray & ask God what my word + focus should be for 2018. He gave me contentment. Along with my word, He gave me scripture to focus on:

Psalm 23 }}
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. he maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presents of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Philippians 4:11-13 }}
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content I know both how to be abased, and how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

1 Timothy 6:6 }}
But godliness with contentment is great gain

My desire is to learn just what it means to be completely content in Christ, with the things I have, and where I am at on this journey of life.

I'll be doing more posts in the future, sharing what I'm learning & what it means to be contnet.

Please share your word or focus for 2018 and if you have any special verses to go along with it.

Happy two-thousand eighteen!
~Tashia Nicole

6 comments:

  1. Aw, sounds like an amazing year! I love your word for 2018 + the scriptures to go along with it. Also, your contentment page is adorable! I look forward to more posts in the future on contentment as you study on it. I am hoping to do a post soon on my word/focus for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The word I chose for this year is "overcome." Also, I'm working at a blog post for my blog about why I chose that word... (https://takingonestepatatimeweb.wordpress.com) The verse that I love, goes with my word for the year well: John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. overcome is a great word! excited for what the Lord will teach you with this word. :)

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful year you've had! And of course, even in the hard times, God will make us stronger. I love the word you chose - it's something so many of us need to learn. I hope the Lord teaches you and grows you in many different ways with your word in 2018. Looking forward to all your future posts!
    Rebekah Joy
    www.moreradiance.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I allow anonymous comments for those who do not have an account, but please leave your name at the end of your comment. Thanks! ♡ Tashia