Tuesday, January 2, 2018

finding rest

I sit here in the quiet of our little home. I can hear the faint hum of the factory next to us, but inside it's quiet + peaceful.

Beneath my warm + cozy blanket I sit reading the Word. 

At times I get distracted by my phone or think of all the things I could be doing instead of sitting here.

But the truth is   *this*   is my favorite part of my day. 

Yes, I love all those wifey things too -- cleaning up the kitchen, washing dishes, prepping meals, waiting for the hubby to come home -- but this, this quiet moment sitting + resting with Jesus while I read His Word is simply the best. 

Since getting married, it's been hard to find a new routine, a new time + place to have devotions. 
But today I found that I must. I must take the time to stop. To rest. To listen. 
Because I need Jesus. 

Psalm 23:2-3 says: "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul..."

He takes me to a quiet, peaceful place to rest. 

And that's where I want to be: resting with Jesus.

So take time today to sit & rest with your Heavenly Father. // 
LET ALL THAT I AM WAIT QUIETLY BEFORE THE LORD, FOR MY HOPE IS IN HIM. | 
PSALM 62:5

~Tashia Nicole

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this, Tashia! I am learning this as well. Thank you for sharing these beautiful words! ~ AbbyRose <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same for me :)
    God bless you dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can totally relate! It's really hard to find a new routine when you go through something as life changing as becoming a wife! I've been trying hard to get back into a daily routine with my quiet times. I miss a day here and there but it's gotten better! Never give up those special, quiet moments with the Lord!
    Rebekah Joy
    www.moreradiance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad I'm not alone! things are going so much better now.

      Delete
  4. Loved this so much, as well as the verses you shared! Time with Jesus truly is the best and is a must every single day..thank you for sharing.<3

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I allow anonymous comments for those who do not have an account, but please leave your name at the end of your comment. Thanks! ♡ Tashia